Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: Introduction, and zutse/se sutse

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:02:34 -0500

>> And, as a newbie and thus lacking the prior context, does my sig make any
>> sense to you at all?
>>
>> '.i do cu vanci le ba panje xusra
>> .i denci gunma le se gidva'

> Grammatically, sure. Content-wise, not a bit. With the help of jbofi'e
>(to make up for my poor vocabulary) I translate this as:

>You are the evening of those who were spongey asserters, the toothy
>group of guided ones.

Close. ba means future, not past, so it should be "those who will be."

> I can only assume that you're using some very unfamiliar metaphors.. {do
>cu vanci} might mean that you are the last of, or near the end of a
sequence
>of, or signalling the end of something. {le ba panje xusra} might be an
>individual or group who were particularly wishy-washy in their assertions.
>Perhaps a politician or fence-sitter. I assume that the elided x1 sumti of
>the second bridi is {le ba panje xusra}, because I don't see {do} as making
>much sense in the x1 of gunma. How the group might be toothy or somehow
>related to teeth is unclear. Maybe they're dentists.

It could be... but that wasn't the intended meaning. it comes from the first
Lojban techno song, which can be found at
http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?Lojban%20Rock%20Lyrics. The English
keyword for xusra is used in the translation there, where it is "You are the
evening of the coming porous prophet. The followers are in the tooth
collection." While I love the metaphorical interpretation, I have to admit,
in all fairness, that the lyrics were created by a random sentence
generator.

Of my other sigs, two are translated Jimmy Buffet song lyrics, and one is
.aulun.'s translation of a part of the Tao Te Ching, from the Chinese.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'coi doi drata mibypre
.i pu temci so'i detri
.i mi'o na cafne ka'e tavla
.i lenu go'i cu zekri
.ija'e ko mi cusku le do nambi
.i mi ba go'i do
.i mi'o cmila joi maltavla joi mi'atavla
joi pinxe le vanjo'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74