Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Auxlang sentences and lujvo

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:44:47

> > > > 3. The little cats played all day in the sun.

I would say:

lei cmalu mlatu cu kelci ze'a le donri fi'o gusni le solri

{lei}: I think the English plural does suggest that it is a group
of little cats, and not just an unrelated set of individuals.
In other words, the sentence is about one relationship between
a group of cats, a day and the sun, and not about several
relationships, each of which involves one little cat, a day and
the sun. In any case, {le} would not be wrong, but {lei} is not
wrong either.

{ze'a}: I use this when the interval is not particularly long
or short. {ca'o} does not indicate that {le donri} is the whole
interval of playing.

{fi'o gusni le solri} I think works for "in the sun".
{solri donri} might work as a contrast with a rainy day.

For those who like headline style:

soldonri kelci cmamlatu

but that might correspond more closely to something
like: "Sunny-day playful little cats!"

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp