Subject: RE: [lojban] Why is there so much irregularity in cmavo/gismu?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:51:09 -0500

At 03:07 AM 11/18/01 +0000, And Rosta wrote:
>Lojbab:
> > But also I don't think that "du'u mi broda xukau le brode" would be
> > replaced by "du'u mi broda ja'a/na[ku] le brode"
>
>I think that technically that is what the replacement is supposed
>to be. What do you think it should be?

mi broda xu le broda is a question about the truth-appropriateness of broda 
in particular within the sentence. Does broda make this bridi true or 
false. On the other hand, a naku/ja'aku at that position separates what 
has gone before from what follows, and says that the following (to the end 
of the sentence) is what is negated or asserted as truth. I would hope 
that xukau relates to xu grammatically.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org