Subject: RE: [lojban] presentation of lojban

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:30:50 -0500

>our community -- by the time it was 45, Esperanto had several million
relatively competent speakers and a library of several hundred
>(perhaps thousand) books; even if you put Lojbans age at 10 or so,
Esperanto -- with only the international snail mail of the end of the
>19th century -- had many times our number of competent speakers and dozens
of books. Of course, Esperanto is a pretty simple and
>uninformative langauge and so SAE as to make learning and translation easy
for other SAEs.

Did it have any novels written originally in Esperanto, or just translations
(cf laopi pelxu ku'o trajynobli)? Did it have a significant body of poetry
(cf ziryroi)? Did it have its own aphorisms? Did it have its own music (cf
http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?Lojban%20Rock%20Lyrics)? Did it have
any practical applications aside from as an interlanguage (Lojban has
several, and I hear that one has even been proposed)? Did it have any
linguistic thought put into it, or just a random guy making up root words
(And tinkit, you'd better not show up to harass us with any snide comments
about this zo'ocai)? Did anyone speak it outside of the (formerly
Volapükist) language clubs (cf Logfest [with the jboste and the wiki as the
analogues of the clubs, IMHO])?