Subject: RE: [lojban] presentation of lojban

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 08:14:32 -0500

>Did it have any novels written originally in Esperanto, or just
translations
>(cf laopi pelxu ku'o trajynobli)?

>Yes. Does Lojban?

None that anyone can understand, but...

><Did it have its own music (cf

>http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?Lojban%20Rock%20Lyrics)?>

>If all you need is lyrics, certainly yes -- most hits were translated and
there were some original songs (not counting even the anthems) and >even the
odd oper(ett)a and choral church work.

There's music there, too. Download tsali's midi or mp3 of it and listen.

>D
>id anyone speak it outside of the (formerly
>Volapükist) language clubs (cf Logfest [with the jboste and the wiki as the
>analogues of the clubs, IMHO])?

>Yes. The clubs were the starting point but it quickly spread to quite
independent Esperanto clubs and to unafiliated people (the first
>person to confront Zamenhof speaking Esperanto was not a club member).

But how old was the language at that time? Personally, I would date modern
Lojban from the loglan/lojban split, which IIRC makes it about 12 years old.
And the first person to confront Lojbab speaking Lojban was probably not a
club member, as I don't beleive there was a mailing list or wiki yet.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'segu le balvi temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74