Subject: lo'e and NAhEBO

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:00:55 +0100

coi rodo

again I'm asking a question about lo'e:

let's say that the concept expressed by lo'e/le'e broda is that of the mode
of a set and call it "typical."

is lo'e/le'e broda "one or more of all the things that are typical brode"/
"all of the at least one thing I'm calling a typical brode"?

so lo'e ropno bangu = English or French or German or Spanish (or Italian)
and le'e ropno bangu = SAE

or is lo'e broda "the typical member of the set of the things that actually
are broda"?

the latter conforms (I think) with the idea of the mode of lo'i broda, but
the former makes more sense

my apologies if you feel I could have read through the posts of a couple of
weeks back and got my answer

My second question: why is it that the refgram makes a big deal of NAhEBO
(It certainly made a big impression on me) but it is almost never used. Am I
wrong in thinking that na'ebo le broda is the same as le na'e broda?
--
http://www.myepfl.ch/gregory.dyke

.i lo'e to'e makcu cu djica lenu tolcumla morsi kei lo telda'a
.i lo'e je'a makcu cu go'i to'ebo le se go'i