Subject: Practical cooperation 1: "is intended to be"

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:11:19 -0500 (EST)

RAM (Robert McIvor, the new TLI CEO) has proposed cooperation between TLI
(and the Loglan community) and LLG (and the Lojban community) and I propose
to begin here.

The problem: What's a good tanru/metaphor for the predicate "x1 is intended
(or supposed) to be x2 by the intention of x3"?

If you read this on Lojban List, post to Lojban List; if you read this on
Loglanists, post to Loglanists. I receive both and will play shuttle
diplomat, copying messages back and forth and translating Lojban/Loglan
words and terminology.

Please don't post replies entirely in Loglan or Lojban, as I won't be
able to handle them.

Thanks.

-- 
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan [email-masked]
Please leave your values | Check your assumptions. In fact,
at the front desk. | check your assumptions at the door.
--sign in Paris hotel | --Miles Vorkosigan