Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: ca'a pu (was: Why is there so much irregularity in cmavo/gismu?)

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:27:58 +0000

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 12:27:53AM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> 
> What I don't understand is how can we use {pu} as a tag in front
> of the sumti {pugi ko'a gi ko'e}. It seems that the intended tag
> {pu} will be absorbed by the gek during preparsing! Is this so, or
> am I missing something?
> 

This was the one shift/reduce conflict that I couldn't remove when I did
the yacc/bison for jbofi'e. We had a discussion on the list some time
ago. The conclusion was that you should use a termset with a tag before
it, e.g.

pu nu'i pugi ko'a gi ko'e nu'u cu klama

HTH

-- 
Richard.
---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow | C++: n., An octopus made by
Weston-super-Mare, UK | nailing extra legs on a cat.
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/ |