Subject: Re: [lojban] lojban newsletter (was: lojban editorial)

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:28:40 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Invent Yourself wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> > At 11:31 AM 11/26/01 -0700, Jay Kominek wrote:
> > >If there is interest in reviving the printed Lojban newsletter, I'm quite
> > >willing to handle the process of taking contributed articles, editting
> > >them, and doing layout/design/etc.
> > >
> > >I'd just need enough articles to fill up however many pages worth of stuff
> > >someone would actually take the time to print up and mail. (Hi Lojbab)
> >
> > The holdup on restoring the newsletter is not copy, but getting the mailing
> > list up to date. I have pages of handwritten and computer notes on address
> > changes that never got entered into the mailing list database.
>
> Great! That sounds like just an hour or so of data entry. Although .ianai
> that there are any literate jboka'e (as opposed to fellow travelers) that
> are not linked to jbocecmu sepi'o lo skami

Maybe, if Lojbab doesn't already have a scanner, it might be productive to
pitch in and get him one?

> I'll write articles. Jay, do you want to use one of the old titles (JL or
> TL or whatever) or create a new one?

Well, whoever volunteers to actually publish and distribute the newsletter
can decide under what name it will be published. I'd just as soon let the
LLG take care of publication and continue calling it "ju'i lobypli"

I am, to clarify, volunteering to handle the accepting of material,
editing and layout, for anyone who decides they want to become a publisher
of a Lojban newsletter, and to deliver to them something which they can
print out and mail off. Preferably that would be the LLG, but I'm not
picky.

I'll happily start collecting material now, from anyone willing to provide
it. Suggestions as to columns, material, etc are all quite welcome and I'll
keep them in mind.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose