Subject: RE: [lojban] The end of the wiki

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:35:15 +0000

This is all puerile, rude and outrageous. 

Tinkit's wiki contributions *are* about Lojban, even though his views
are unpopular. His wiki postings are treated with contempt (e.g.
interrupting his texts by commentary so much that they lose all cohesiveness) and he is subjected to abuse there -- censoriousness
and threatened censorship .

The wiki was formerly a delightfully pluralistic dynamic environment 
where people with such conflicting views as Jay and me could rub
along amicably. The overall sense of community it gave off was, I
felt, very alluring. And now there are these petty squabbles and
the harassing of Tinkit's dissent, and the atmosphere of the place
is grown most noxious and offputting. AFAIK Tinkit hasn't vandalized 
the site, so he shouldn't be told to piss off or have his IP address
blacklisted.

Really, please, people: Show some forbearance.

--And.

>>> Craig <[email-masked]> 11/27/01 12:10pm >>>
>> Maybe Jay went on some powertrip, but I think this particular wiki
>> has seen it's end of anything useful.

>The first clue was that the page views are counted in decimal numbers.

The second clue is that we let people hang around the wiki and the jboste
who are anti-lojban and have no particular desire to discuss the language.
Maybe, tinkit, you just don't see it as useful because it no longer ''is''
useful to you - except as a tool to harass others, which as it will not be
tolerated by ANYONE seems like a powerstrip to you. Well then, the jboste is
also useless for you. Piss off, we really don't want to hear from people who
don't care to talk about or in lojban.

Jay, you don't suppose it is possible to block tinkit's IP address from
editing the wiki, do you?

--la kreig.daniyl.

'.i do cu vanci le ba panje xusra
.i denci gunma le se gidva'

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/