Subject: Re: The end of the wiki

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:00:57 -0000

Thanks for thinking independently :). I don't mind the commentary, 
if it's in italics and spelled out as different than mine. What is 
really annoying is the constant attacks on me instead of my 
ideas...exemplified by lots of writing on my page by others. And 
then Jay started just deleting stuff.

Oh well, I'll just stick to the lojban list.

--- In lojban@y..., And Rosta <arosta@u...> wrote:
> This is all puerile, rude and outrageous. 
> 
> Tinkit's wiki contributions *are* about Lojban, even though his 
views
> are unpopular. His wiki postings are treated with contempt (e.g.
> interrupting his texts by commentary so much that they lose all 
cohesiveness) and he is subjected to abuse there -- censoriousness
> and threatened censorship .
> 
> The wiki was formerly a delightfully pluralistic dynamic 
environment 
> where people with such conflicting views as Jay and me could rub
> along amicably. The overall sense of community it gave off was, I
> felt, very alluring. And now there are these petty squabbles and
> the harassing of Tinkit's dissent, and the atmosphere of the place
> is grown most noxious and offputting. AFAIK Tinkit hasn't 
vandalized 
> the site, so he shouldn't be told to piss off or have his IP address
> blacklisted.
> 
> Really, please, people: Show some forbearance.
> 
> --And.
> 
> >>> Craig <ragnarok@p...> 11/27/01 12:10pm >>>
> >> Maybe Jay went on some powertrip, but I think this particular 
wiki
> >> has seen it's end of anything useful.
> 
> >The first clue was that the page views are counted in decimal 
numbers.
> 
> The second clue is that we let people hang around the wiki and the 
jboste
> who are anti-lojban and have no particular desire to discuss the 
language.
> Maybe, tinkit, you just don't see it as useful because it no 
longer ''is''
> useful to you - except as a tool to harass others, which as it will 
not be
> tolerated by ANYONE seems like a powerstrip to you. Well then, the 
jboste is
> also useless for you. Piss off, we really don't want to hear from 
people who
> don't care to talk about or in lojban.
> 
> Jay, you don't suppose it is possible to block tinkit's IP address 
from
> editing the wiki, do you?
> 
> --la kreig.daniyl.
> 
> '.i do cu vanci le ba panje xusra
> .i denci gunma le se gidva'
> 
> xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74
> 
> 
> 
> To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked] 
> 
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to 
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/