Subject: Re: [lojban] The end of the wiki

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:59:54 +0100

xod:
> >The first clue was that the page views are counted in decimal numbers.
>
zo'o

kreig:
> The second clue is that we let people hang around the wiki and the jboste
> who are anti-lojban and have no particular desire to discuss the language.
> Maybe, tinkit, you just don't see it as useful because it no longer ''is''
> useful to you - except as a tool to harass others, which as it will not be
> tolerated by ANYONE seems like a powerstrip to you. Well then, the jboste
is
> also useless for you. Piss off, we really don't want to hear from people
who
> don't care to talk about or in lojban.

Who is this "we" who doesn't want to hear from thinkit (ie you and which
army?) ? Is your lojban as good as thinkit's ? I also believe you
missunderstood the reason for thinkit's nostradamus statement : If ever I
decide to abandon lojban, although I wouldn't expect to keep my lojban page,
I would object strongly to anyone who decided to delete it or, even worse,
to remove all my past "achievements" leaving only my goodbye statement
without telling me first. Of course, Jay, maybe you did tell him or maybe
you considered his goodbye statement final or maybe I'm the one who
missunderstood the reason for thinkit's prediction. Under your wiki rules,
what I understand to have happened is not on, but as it was reversible, who
cares.

Feeding trolls is to be considered just as bad as trolling (although I
condemn neither). You've been shouting at thinkit for a fair amount of time
now Craig ; has it occured to you that he has been paying no attention?

I do not approve of thinkit's more controversial postings
I do not approve of your posting messages like this one
I will condemn neither

Ask yourself which is worse: A newcomer being told "yep that's right BTW
what do you think of hex?" or reading this?

> Jay, you don't suppose it is possible to block tinkit's IP address from
> editing the wiki, do you?

If you want to express extreme intolerance of things that are of no use to
lojban being posted on this list, or the wiki, then you should by you own
standards post such comments to Jay privately. (I couldn't care less what
you post, but I will enjoy it much more if it's about lojban)

--
http://www.myepfl.ch/gregory.dyke

.i lo'e to'e makcu cu djica lenu tolcumla morsi kei lo telda'a
.i lo'e je'a makcu cu go'i to'ebo le se go'i