Subject: Re: [lojban] The end of the wiki

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:05:52 EST

In a message dated 11/27/2001 1:55:19 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> I suspect he didn't post something titled "lojban uses fuzzy logic by
> default!!".
> 

Not titled, but with that content. (He was largely correct)

<also suspect he didn't post something entitled "give me my brain cells
back!" bitch about how stupid the language was, and then continue
posting anyways. Mostly bitching about how stupid lojban is.>

No, he was (still is, as far as I can tell) rather more articulate. But no 
less fanatical at the time -- and annoying after a while.

I'm inclined to agree that feeding is as bad as being and that censorship is 
bad, especially when it is not clear that what is going on really is either 
irrelevant or harmful -- as opposed to sloppy or straining for 
intelligibility (what I take much of thinkit's to be). On the other hand, 
cluttering is a problem when space starts being finite or pricey and Jay 
seems right to be allowed to allocate his own resources as he sees fit. But 
summing up old stuff and filing it away offline seems more profitable than 
killing new stuff (well, genuinely new) regardless of source.