Subject: Re: [lojban] lojban newsletter (was: lojban editorial)

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:55:06 -0500

At 08:28 PM 11/26/01 -0700, Jay Kominek wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> > > At 11:31 AM 11/26/01 -0700, Jay Kominek wrote:
> > > >If there is interest in reviving the printed Lojban newsletter, I'm 
> quite
> > > >willing to handle the process of taking contributed articles, editting
> > > >them, and doing layout/design/etc.
> > > >
> > > >I'd just need enough articles to fill up however many pages worth of 
> stuff
> > > >someone would actually take the time to print up and mail. (Hi Lojbab)
> > >
> > > The holdup on restoring the newsletter is not copy, but getting the 
> mailing
> > > list up to date. I have pages of handwritten and computer notes on 
> address
> > > changes that never got entered into the mailing list database.
> >
> > Great! That sounds like just an hour or so of data entry. Although .ianai
> > that there are any literate jboka'e (as opposed to fellow travelers) that
> > are not linked to jbocecmu sepi'o lo skami
>
>Maybe, if Lojbab doesn't already have a scanner, it might be productive to
>pitch in and get him one?

I have a scanner, but did not know they had AI software that will decipher 
scribbles on printouts. Shall we say that my procedures have never been 
oriented towards automating the process?

> > I'll write articles. Jay, do you want to use one of the old titles (JL or
> > TL or whatever) or create a new one?
>
>Well, whoever volunteers to actually publish and distribute the newsletter
>can decide under what name it will be published. I'd just as soon let the
>LLG take care of publication and continue calling it "ju'i lobypli"

Note that the "newsletter" is le lojbo karni. ju'i lobypli is supposed to 
be a higher level journal for people who are actively interested in the 
language. It will include texts and tutorials.

>I am, to clarify, volunteering to handle the accepting of material,
>editing and layout, for anyone who decides they want to become a publisher
>of a Lojban newsletter, and to deliver to them something which they can
>print out and mail off. Preferably that would be the LLG, but I'm not
>picky.
>
>I'll happily start collecting material now, from anyone willing to provide
>it. Suggestions as to columns, material, etc are all quite welcome and I'll
>keep them in mind.

You don't need to wait for LLG in order to put out a newsletter on the 
Web. nuzban seems an obvious place. xod and/or others may even be willing 
to provide a Lojban translation so it can be published bilingually.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org