Subject: Fuzzy Logic, Teaching Kids (was: Re: [lojban] The end of the wiki

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:54:43 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Steven Belknap wrote:

> I felt that the fuzzy logic issue was an important one because
> lojban's claim to fame was that it was a "logical language", yet it
> did not explicitly include fuzzy logic. This was a somewhat
> frustrating discussion, as many of my correspondents were either
> unfamiliar with fuzzy logic or believed (falsely, in my view) that
> fuzzy logic was already easily expressible in lojban.

Why don't you stir up the pot and see what a new generation of Lojbanis
think of fuzzy logic?

> I post infrequently to the list because we have 3 children, aged 1,3,4.
> The time I formerly spent posting or playing with lojban, I now spend
> with them. I do read the list (almost) daily. I am hoping to teach my
> children the language. On this point, what is the latest with Macintosh
> software for learning lojban? I am now using MacOSX, which is a UNIX
> based operating system, and I wondered if anybody could translate some
> of the UNIX based lojban learning tools to the new Macintosh operating
> system.

I don't think there are any new Mac Logflashes yet. It's my understanding
that the best way for a child to become bilingual is when each parent
speaks to the children in only one language.

-- 
The tao that can be tar(1)ed
is not the entire Tao.
The path that can be specified
is not the Full Path.