Subject: software for the mac (was: The end of the wiki)

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:02:08 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Steven Belknap wrote:

> I post infrequently to the list because we have 3 children, aged 1,3,4.
> The time I formerly spent posting or playing with lojban, I now spend
> with them. I do read the list (almost) daily. I am hoping to teach my
> children the language. On this point, what is the latest with Macintosh
> software for learning lojban? I am now using MacOSX, which is a UNIX
> based operating system, and I wondered if anybody could translate some
> of the UNIX based lojban learning tools to the new Macintosh operating
> system.

The only UNIX-based tool I know of is jbofi'e.

A friend of mine has an OSX laptop. I'll see what I can do about compiling
jbofi'e for it. Really, though, it should be a very straight-forward
process. (Maybe I'll fiddle around with making a GUI. OSX's development
tools make me drool.)

If anyone wants to buy me an OSX system, I'll be happy to develop any
Lojban software they'd like for it. :)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose