Subject: Re: [lojban] [WWWW] lojban.org transferred!

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:57:45 -0500 (EST)

Robin Lee Powell scripsit:

> Can you give me a basic idea of why I should be interested in xhtml, or
> a pointer to same? I've never heard of it before.

Basically, it's just good HTML, with all tags balanced (start and end both)
written in lower case, and with a / at the end of each empty tag.
But it means that clean, small XML parsers can interpret it correctly, not
just browsers.

If anyone is messing with existing HTML, I strongly recommend the use of
HTML Tidy, a highly portable command line program (there's a Java version
as well as the canonical C one). It fixes up junk HTML, even the abortions
produced by M$ products. And it can make XHMTL with the -xml switch.

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

-- 
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan [email-masked]
Please leave your values | Check your assumptions. In fact,
at the front desk. | check your assumptions at the door.
--sign in Paris hotel | --Miles Vorkosigan