Subject: Re: [lojban] To clarify...

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:52:33 -0500

At 11:54 AM 11/30/01 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> Of these, only the derivation factor seems at all negotiable, since its 
> purpose, easy learning, has not proven itself in the field (subjectively 
> most people report little help from the connections -- but this is almost 
> entirely from English speakers, others would be useful to hear from -- 
> and the very limited test that was run by someone somewhen -- again just 
> for English -- suggested that the connected words were not easier to 
> learn than randomly constructed words (does anyone remember details of 
> this test? could someone repeat it?)).

We have LogFlash data from a half dozen or so users that has not yet been 
statistically analyzed, but which will presumably tell us whether or not 
the subjective impression is real. Someday ...

JCB claimed way back when that he tried various forms of gismu recognition 
algorithms on his classes (at U of FL?) and the given algorithm was found 
most useful. But this was surely only native English speakers, and in any 
event he did not document the research for peer review.

lojbab

--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org