Subject: Re: [lojban] morphology

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:18:19 -0500

On Friday 30 November 2001 23:37, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
li'o
> It is probably easier to come up with a definitive test for whether a word
> is a valid fu'ivla, given some maximum length to test, but no one has done
> so because the test isn't worth much. The critical point of fu'ivla will
> be nonce usage when you want to communicate a new concept that has not been
> analyzed, and we don't believe that it is possible to have human algorithm
> for making fu'ivla of arbitrary form. If you always have to test fu'ivla
> against a computer program, then adding fu'ivla will tend to be a "Lojban
> academy" function, and right now there is little sentiment to create such
> an academy, even without all the mutterings about "Cabals" and "Lojban
> Central".

pei mi noi sazri lei 4moi klesi fu'ivla cu finti lo mutmi'i poi facki le jei 
fu'ivla le valsmi? I think I can write one that's a lot easier to understand 
than vlatai's state table.

There will have to be some sort of arbitration about new brivla, to prevent 
one new word from getting two incompatible meanings.

phma