Subject: [WWWW] Goals for http://www.lojban.org/

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:41:29 -0800

So, I'm reviewing various aspects of lojban.org and my own skills (I'm
even learning CSS!). I just want to make sure that everyone agrees with
the following goals for the main lojban page. Note that I'm only
talking about the main page at this point, not the subpages. The main
page is intended for newbies; it is assumed serious lojbanists will have
sub-pages bookmarked.

Goals, in descending order of importance:

1. The main page should give immediate, easily accesible, very basic
information about lojban. Just enough to answer, "What the heck is
*this*?".

2. The main page should make it as easy as possible for a newbie to
find more information about the language that is appropriate to their
interests.

3. The main page should make it abundantly clear that the lojban
community is active.

4. While the main page is not designed primarily for serious
lojbanists, it should still make it *easy* for them to find the
information they need. Please note the difference between 'easy' and
'fast'.

5. The page should be, as much as is reasonably possible, equally
accessible across platforms and to disabled users.

6. The page should at least be visually appealing enough to not
actively drive users away. 8)

Does everyone more-or-less agree with those goals?

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno
je xlali -- RLP http://www.lojban.org/