Subject: Re: thoughts on numerical language

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 01:29:55 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., pycyn@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 12/3/2001 5:48:15 PM Central Standard Time, 
> thinkit8@l... writes:
> 
> 
> > anyway, i was saying you can just represent it as "A gives B", 
with 
> > side tag "with recipient". Or "A gives to B", with side 
> > tag "involving object". English is pretty much binary, with 
> > prepositional side tags. It just turns out the 5 tags in lojban 
> > makes things convenient and quick.
> > 
> 
> OK. I now get one idea of what "numerical language" means. From 
earlier 
> stuff I get the idea that part of it is to have all vocabulary be 
numbers (? 
> at least I think that is what I get). What else is involved? Can 
the 
> fundamentals of the scheme be laid out in some clear but 
reelatively compact 
> way? Would you do that (one remembers that you still haven't 
explained what 
> is wrong with Lojban by you)?

This has little to do with my issues with lojban. It's a totally 
different approach. I intend to follow this through and put 
together a basic explanation of the goals and layout of the system. 
The best summary I can give was one that was suggested on this list, 
as I remember. In computers, you compile a source code to machine 
language. I'm thinking of compiling a normal languague to "machine 
code". Thus I am defining this machine code.