Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: thoughts on numerical language

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:01:17 +0000

As I understand it they're not so much talking about the actual adicity
or selbri but rather the number of sumti that would receive not a 
BAI tage but a FA tag. There was once a Loglan reform project
called Voksigid whose guiding idea (which then gives you an idea of
the calibre of the project) was to dispense with sumti marked by
word order and FA tags and to use only BAI tags.

--And.

>>> Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]> 12/04/01 03:11am >>>
On Monday 03 December 2001 19:01, Craig wrote:
> One of the first things I did to make Lojban feel less alien was think of
> English as having a lot of one and two place selbri (verbs). All other
> places are added modally. Lojban just happens to have some selbri with more
> places, but it really doesn't need to. It just makes it more succinct -
> though with your not worrying about pronounceability that can easily come
> from other places.

I think that selbri fi >=3mei are needed. Any more can be expressed with 
combinations of three-place selbri, but there must be some with at least 
three. 3-satisfiability is equivalent to unlimited-terbri satisfiability, but 
2-satisfiability is not.

phma

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/