Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: thoughts on numerical language

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:39:55 -0500 (EST)

And Rosta scripsit:

> There was once a Loglan reform project
> called Voksigid whose guiding idea (which then gives you an idea of
> the calibre of the project)

Is this praise, condemnation, or a mere neutral remark where "calibre" =
flavor?

> was to dispense with sumti marked by
> word order and FA tags and to use only BAI tags.

A particularly nice feature was that sumti were expressed by root-tag
compounds, so that the selfsame tags had two uses: as tags, they indicated
the case (loosely stated) of the sumti in its bridi; as suffixes, they
indicated the derivation of the sumti from an underlying selbri root.

I particularly cherish the word "homotor", which combine the root
"homo" (prenu) with the suffix "-tor", agency. "The agent in the
event of someone's being a person". Just who is that?

-- 
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan [email-masked]
Please leave your values | Check your assumptions. In fact,
at the front desk. | check your assumptions at the door.
--sign in Paris hotel | --Miles Vorkosigan