Subject: eurolinux proposing lojban for community patent

From: PILCH Hartmut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:12:22 +0100

The

Eurolinux Position on the Community Patent
http://www.eurolinux.org/news/cpat01B/

mentions Lojban as one possible intermediate language useful for
providing reliable machine translated versions while at the same time
disambiguating patent language.

As a whole, the position is about creating a decentral and balanced
system and avoiding uncontrollable transnational bureaucracies.

I wonder if the Logical Language Group would like to support the whole
position paper by being mentioned among the signatories, see list.

In any case you may wish to help spread the word to Euro MPs. A group
of them seems ready to support the whole position.

Publication is imminent, because the subject is hot these days.

-- 
Hartmut Pilch http://phm.ffii.org/
Protecting Innovation against Patent Inflation	http://swpat.ffii.org/
95000 signatures against software patents http://www.noepatents.org/