Subject: Re: [lojban] [WWWW] Big update!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:15:51 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2001 12:20:00 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Once again, you don't know what you're talking about.

I do though. I wonder if you do. I am talking about the millions of people 
who actually use computers rather than do things to them. They are stuck 
with what they get and they deserve to be treated as well as the few who make 
their own or are at liberty to spend incredible amounts of time getting 
something better in the end. If Lojban is to grow, then it has to go beyond 
the limited group of this latter sort into the first groups (insofar as 
computers are essential to its growth -- and that seems at the moment to be 
completely). To hold this group in contempt, to treat them as remote second 
class, to ignore or deplore their tools is very bad policy indeed. Now, if 
it is impossible to build a page that works well for their tools and for the 
clique's, which group gets preference if expansion is the aim? Is it really 
impossible to make something that looks good on Netscape and also on other 
browsers? If so, assuming (as apparently is not now the case) that Netscape 
is the generally used browser, what is wrong with the other browwsers and 
what can be done to correct them?

> 
> I am no longer going to converse with you on this thread.

Your privilege, you leave either uncorrected or thinking that you don't know 
how to do your job.
> 
> -Robin, who works with computers for a living, thankyouverymuch

I wonder if this can be true, given your attitude toward those who really do 
work with computers in the daily grind. I suspect you work at them instead, 
caught up in the beauties of abstract elegance and indifferent to practical 
applications and use by tose who don't have the leisure to have built up a 
reservoir of technique and information to construct the "better" ways.