Subject: Re: [lojban] [WWWW] Big update!

From: Rob Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 00:11:10 -0500

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 09:57:21PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> He could just as easily say "I did it that way because it looks 
> good on the most widely used browsers; sorry if it doesn't look good on 
> yours." rather than "I did it the other way because it looks beautiful on my 
> browsers and the one that it doesn't look good on is a piece of shit", or 
> even, compromisingly, "It is impossible to get this looking right on all 
> browsers and this looks asgood as it can on as many as I have; at least 
> presentable on those it doesn't work as well on."

What in the world are you complaining about?

The version which 'looked beautiful on his browsers and the one that it
doesn't look good on is a piece of shit' never became the main page. He
put it up at lojban_broken.html as an example of why Netscape 4 sucks,
an opinion he is entitled to.

The current version could well be described as (to requote):
> even, compromisingly, "It is impossible to get this looking right on all 
> browsers and this looks asgood as it can on as many as I have; at least 
> presentable on those it doesn't work as well on."

It looks perfect on IE and Opera, nearly perfect on Mozilla and Galeon,
and passably good on Netscape 4. I can't see at all what is prompting
your rant.

We do not need an ideological flamewar surrounding the site, when the
practical fact is that the site works.
-- 
la rab.spir
noi sarji zo gumri