Subject: Re: [lojban] [WWWW] Big update!

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 00:34:33 -0500 (EST)

[email-masked] scripsit:

> But they are the last people -- or ought tpo be -- to hold the users in 
> contempt, for it there were no users, if people refused to buy their stuff or 
> use it, thew whole would collapse.

Indeed.

> Further, they should be the last people 
> to put down the crap that users use, since they were the people who created 
> the crap in the first place and who have regularly failed to improve it in 
> the ways that they say it should be done.

Not so. Windows and all its works are made by geeks who have sold themselves
to marketeers. Windows is a Yugo at Cadillac prices. What is more, the Windows
culture is a tyranny, which like all such is supported by the meekness of
its victims. The Yugo failed because people felt more confident rejecting a
piece-of-crap car; Windows has not yet failed because people were
subject to FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt).

> Presumably he can do what he wants to do -- why not want to reach as many 
> people as possible as well as possible, especially in a broadcasting 
> advertisement job? 

Too many of us have grown weary of constant adaptation to the latest
oversold piece of junk.

-- 
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan [email-masked]
Please leave your values | Check your assumptions. In fact,
at the front desk. | check your assumptions at the door.
--sign in Paris hotel | --Miles Vorkosigan