Subject: Re: [lojban] full bull

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:28:41 -0500

At 09:12 AM 12/10/01 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>In a message dated 12/10/2001 8:07:59 AM Central Standard Time, 
>[email-masked] writes:
>>the term "full bull" as used by two people seems to have two apparently 
>>unrelated meanings. in the first case, i thought it meant something like 
>>"a lot of money". in the second one it seems to mean more like 
>>"derogatory and inflammatory criticism". what does it really mean?
>>steven lytle
>
>My usage, "made full bull," is standard academic for "was promoted to Full 
>Professor;" I take the other usage to be short for "a full supply of 
>bull-shit," an assessment I rather disagree with.

I understood that I was using the term differently than you (and indeed I 
guessed correctly that you were referring to professorship). Your 
translation of my words is only approximately correct, missing a hint that 
you were delivering your comments with the grace of a bull attempting to 
gore its target (on other subjects besides this one, you are often humorous 
and sometimes self-deprecating when disagreeing, but on this subject, you 
come across poorly); my intent was precisely what Steven interpreted for it.

My apologies if my attempt to be cute came across as seriously insulting.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org