Subject: Re: [lojban] Logical translation request

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 00:01:01

la pycyn cusku di'e

>{logji} is strictly about the means by which a conclusion is reached 
>(really
>strictly it does not even require that that method be a "good" one, only 
>that
>it be a specifiable method). It says nothing about either premises, which
>may be purest crap even if the method is good.

And the use of this method is what Vulcans pride themselves on,
isn't it?

>so "seemed to
>fit the situation by the standard of good logic applied to available
>information" where the standard might be assumed to be the usual -- at 
>least
>for Vulcan diplomats.

Then {lojdra} might be good: drani fo le logji, correct by the
standard of our Vulcan logic. Isn't that what "logical" means
when applied to an action?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com