Subject: Re: Software Translation of Lojban

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:36:16 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Invent Yourself wrote:

> > These opportunities could give the Lojban project a boost, if it had a
> > paper ready to backup some of the claims of what can be done with an
> > intermediate language.
> >
> > As said, I can say these things only in an abstract form, with no
> > specific lojban examples. So any work left to do must be done by
> > LLG or I don't know who.
>
> It's possible that the Lojban community doesn't have anybody around at
> this time with the technical ability for such a paper. I could be
> misunderstanding the depth of the undertaking.

While I've been following this thread intently, I'm not sure what kind of
paper is desired. I'm vaguely familiar with machine translation, and have
been considering the problem of Lojban->English for awhile. I've got some
fairly educated guesses as to what would be involved in what (I think) you
want. Does that count for anything? :)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose