Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Software Translation of Lojban

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 00:32:07 -0500

At 08:34 AM 12/14/01 +0100, PILCH Hartmut wrote:
> > While I've been following this thread intently, I'm not sure what kind of
> > paper is desired. I'm vaguely familiar with machine translation, and have
> > been considering the problem of Lojban->English for awhile. I've got some
> > fairly educated guesses as to what would be involved in what (I think) you
> > want. Does that count for anything? :)
>
>If you can just compare the potential of normal machine translation to
>that of ll2en translation, that could produce a very helpful paper.

Are you aware of Nick's paper on machine translation using Lojban?

Nicholas, N. 1996a. Lojban as a Machine Translation Interlanguage in the 
Pacific. Fourth Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial 
Intelligence: Workshop on 'Future Issues for Multilingual Text Processing', 
Cairns, Australia, 27 August 1996. 31-39.

He does not seem to have it on his site, and I don't think he ever sent me 
a copy, but perhaps one could be dug up if it is relevant.
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org