Subject: Re: The new Lojban page

From: "aolung" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 09:53:38 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., Nick Nicholas <opoudjis@o...> wrote:
> How the new page looks on MacOSX browsers.
> 
> Netscape 6: Sidebars in the right place, looks very nice. The box around
> the sidebars is 3d.

> Of course, CSS is not well-implemented everywhere (iCab screams in its
> preference screen that "Not all of CSS1 is implemented"!), so this is
> hardly surprising. My surprise was that Netscape was actually the best
> looking of the lot. Don't tell me Netscape's finally doing something
> right...

As for MacOS 9x with Nestscape 4.72, the new page doesn't look too bad as well,
except that in the side bar text each line is preceded by a question mark, and in
the body text, the "?" is overwritten by the first character of each line.

Opera for Mac seems okay - but as for my own website, "the fastest browser
of the world" is unable to display the background image, which isn't any
problem for NS or IE :((

> Yes, am alive and in Australia, btw. I am having problems with my Unix on
> MacOSX: I haven't allowed enough room in my partition, so I'll just get a
> new drive in a week or so, and install my tools on it to recompile the
> brochure and lessons.

In about a couple of weeks, I'll be doing my first steps with MacOSX too...

> Dr Nick Nicholas. opoudjis@o...

My congrats for the "little change in your name" ! ;-)

co'omi'e .aulun.