Subject: natural language generation

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:05:01 +0100

by accident i found this page on a natural language generation system (kpml)	 
http://www.darmstadt.gmd.de/publish/komet/kpml-1-doc/kpml.html 
newer versions and a shorter description can be found at
http://www.fb10.uni-bremen.de/anglistik/langpro/kpml/kpml-description.htm

it is a freely available program written in ansi lisp, that can translate 
lisp expressions into a number of natural languages more or less well. the 
only catch about it seems that it requires a specific graphical user 
unterface (common lisp interface manager) of which only commercial version 
are available. a free inplementation called free-clim i could find almost no 
information about. but still, if lojban sentences can be turned into lisp 
expressions easily, kpml may be good enough to translate patents. perhaps 
somebody more knowledgeable con assess the utility of this suggestion.
- -- 
- --------------------
Ever noticed something? Unix comes with compilers. Windows comes with 
Solitaire.
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07