Subject: Re: [lojban] [WWWW] lojban.org official lojban IRC server.

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:47:58 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> In the wake of a deafening lack of comment, I am declaring lojban.org[1]
> the official IRC server of the lojban community.

The issue had been discussed in the past. Personally, I didn't care to
beat a dead horse any further.

> Please, join us. There are IRC clients for every concievable computer
> and operating system (and a few incovcievable ones).

For information about using IRC, or finding a client for your particular
platform, see http://www.irchelp.org/

Windows users will likely want mIRC, available freely at
http://www.mirc.com/

As far as I know, Ircle is the canonical Macintosh client, and is
available freely at http://www.ircle.com/

I personally suggest ircII-EPIC4 to UNIX users. It is available freely at
http://www.epicsol.org/ Debian users may install it by issuing the command
"apt-get -y install epic4" as the root user. Most other Linux
distributions provide it prepackaged, consult your distribution's
packaging system documentation.

>From the statistics accumulated on the OpenProject's #lojban, the best
time to try the channel is from 6PM to midnight, GMT.

(I'd suggest taking bits and pieces of the above information, and making
sure that they appear on whatever part of the Lojban website mentions the
IRC channel.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose