Subject: Re: [lojban] Logical translation request

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 02:34:19

la pycyn cusku di'e

>In a message dated 12/18/2001 7:01:51 PM Central Standard Time,
>[email-masked] writes:
>
>
> > Can you give an example of an agglomeration of tense words that
> > could not possibly mean anything? I doubt you could find one,
> > and the worse part is that even if you do, it probably has an
> > equivalent form that is grammatical anyway
>
>This is going to depend upon just what the time system is; that is, what is
>the hidden presuppositions in the incredible journey through time. this is
>(wisely) not specified but that means all the possibilities are open. So,
>for example, tense time could be SAE, which makes at least past futures
>potentially incommensurate with any other tenses, i.e., "puba P" does not
>entail "ga pu P giga ca P gi ba P" (this is one way SAE gets irrealis
>subjunctives, after all). So there can be tense strings that are too long 
>to
>deal with (around seven shifts, say) in real time and ones that have no 
>other
>description than the one given in the old Loglan strings.

I don't understand how that relates to my question. Indefinitely
long tense strings are allowed in the current system. I was
asking for an example of an "agglomeration" that was excluded
because it could not possibly mean anything.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx