Subject: [OT] Re: [lojban] Binary Language

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:59:43 -0000

la rab.spir. cusku di'e

> [1] HP49 Basic is a programming language for the HP49 calculator
which
> serves no purpose except to mollify people who want to program the
> calculator yet have a morbid fear of Reverse Polish Notation. It is
the
> same as the calculator's RPN language, except rewritten with
functions,
> parentheses, and infix operators, with some arbitrary notation added
on
> to fake the existence of a stack. I am reminded of this by Thinkit's
> after-the-fact "parentheses".

I once thought about implementing a "reverse polish" loglan which
would be more or less isomorphic to lojban, i.e. all terminators and
scope-marking would be implicit in the structure of the grammar
*without* using explicit words. There was an exchange on
alt.language.artificial which was forwarded to the lojban list a while
ago (see
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=krji1t8dhms8k8tuk5562nn7gk5rj7lh0
d%404ax.com ), and though lojbab claims that lojban fits the bill,
it's terminators are spoken punctuation marks, I think. I
unfortunately haven't had much time to develop it.

mu'o mi'e .adam.