Subject: RE: [lojban] What are you doing now??

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:56:55 -0500

{looks at subject line} typing.

> Question : What lojban work are you doing at the moment?

-Learn more of the vocabulary
-Read up on Sapir-Whorf (having recieved a copy of 'Language, Thought, and
Reality' - which I had been unable to find for myself)
-Speak it to myself from time to time
-Translate a poem (I'm still trying to decide whether to post the
translation or use it as a broken phone text, which it really deserves)
-Try in vain to learn the Nestorian script, since I think it looks nicer
than Estrangela
-Try to figure out how to make a Futhark orthography (I'm not sure if it can
be done, but it is fun to try anyway)
-Periodically refine my Emerald Tablet translation
-Realize with horror that Tolkein's Black Speech is easier to translate into
lojban than English (since it doesn't mark nouns for definiteness either)

--la kreig.daniyl.

'.i do cu vanci le ba panje xusra
.i denci gunma le se gidva'

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74