Subject: Re: [lojban] What are you doing now??

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 20:14:10 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 [email-masked] wrote:

> > -Try in vain to learn the Nestorian script, since I think it looks nicer than Estrangela
> > -Try to figure out how to make a Futhark orthography (I'm not sure if it can
> > be done, but it is fun to try anyway)
>
> How is this Lojban related? We have enough pains in the butt with latin
> script without bringing in yet one (or two or three) more. I don't care if
> you do it (I do it myself from time to time -- trying to fill various grids
> for example) but don't call it Lojban.

http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/?Alternate%20Orthographies

The genie is quite out of the bottle at this point, and suggesting that it
ought to be put back in isn't likely to make the situation any better.

Nobody is calling any of the alternate orthographies Lojban, either, as
that wouldn't make sense, since they're orthographies, and Lojban is a
language.

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose