Subject: Connectives and Tenses (Was Re: [lojban] Logical connective question.)

From: "randl. nortmn." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:57:36 -0500

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:34:03AM -0500, randl. nortmn. wrote:
[...]
> In other words, A is fully dependent on B and vice versa. So of the
> four possible combinations of the truth of A and B, two are possible
> and two are not. The operator does not make any assertion as to which
> of the two possible combinations are actually true; merely that one or
> the other is true, and the others are not. (In particular, I would
> think that use of this operator leaves open the possibility that over
> time, A and B may oscillate between the two allowable states but never
> enter the disallowed states, at least within the time and space
> intervals supplied in the tense of the selbri, if any.)
[...]

Sorry, the tense wouldn't be attached to either of the selbri in this
case, it would be attached to the connective itself. I don't see any
examples of using a space or time interval with the connectives in the
reference grammar, but I don't see any reason why it would be
disallowed, and I'm pretty sure it would have the meaning I describe
above. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

co'omi'e randl.