Subject: Lojban Text to Speech

From: "buzzwyrd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 18:23:13 -0000

coi mi'e djek (alias buzzwyrd)

I posted a link on the lojban-beginners Yahoo site a couple of days 
ago that may interest those who want to get involved in a TTS project.

The link points to a translation of a sample dialog from Terry 
Winograd's SHRDLU (Blocks World) AI system.

I have added a link to a wav file that I generated from the Lojban 
text. It was made with CMU's Festvox TTS system. It's by no means 
perfect, but it does seem to help me to hear spoken lojban, even if
it is a little gravelly.

Go to http://home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/PWP-mihedjek 
Then click on the {bliku munje} link.

I'm desperate for feedback :^) and I'd be happy to post the files if 
there's an interest. There's plenty of work to do to make it really 
good--this was just a trial foray for me, since I don't have anyone 
around here to speak Lojban with. (Like the guy in Bladerunner said: 
I make friends. I *make* them.)

Oh, and believe me, if you want to record all the diphones, I hope 
you've got a leather larynx.

-Jack