Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban Text to Speech

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 20:30:59 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> coi doi djek
>
> I really like your sample speech, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you
> come up with next!
>
> Incedentally, and not to belittle your TTS accomplishment, where do you
> live? Did you record the sound bits used in the construction of the sample
> speech? If I assume from your email address that you live in the southern
> US, that might explain the noticible southern twang your sample speech
> exhibits.

Could you paste a URL to the samples you're discussing? All I found was
http://jcrossco.home.mindspring.com/dialog8k.wav, which is a computer
croaking out unintelligible noises that I assume is Lojban. Speech synth
has a way to go yet!

-- 
The tao that can be tar(1)ed
is not the entire Tao.
The path that can be specified
is not the Full Path.