Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban Speech to Speech (was: Lojban Text to Speech

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:41:28 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Invent Yourself wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, buzzwyrd wrote:
>
> > How did I get FestVox to speak Loglan? I decided, about a month or
> > so...
>
> Is there a solid, post-beta internet speech system, that accomodates Linux
> and Windows and actually works? I'll even pay a little $ to hear you folks
> stumble and stutter some Lojban at me.

SpeakFreely works just fine. Windows and Linux. (The Linux software isn't
much to look at, but, shrug.)

I just tested it between a few of my computers here at home, and
everything went nicely. Its damn near trivial to use.

(Sadly, I can't convince my NAT host to forward the appropriate ports to
allow me to use it with other hosts.)

Another speech to speech alternative might be people with cell phones that
come with free long distance and who have unlimited minutes at some time
during the week. (Not to be too retro. :)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose