Subject: Re: [lojban] Digest Number 1183

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:26:48 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Bob Slaughter wrote:

> > > Is there a solid, post-beta internet speech system, that accomodates Linux
> > > and Windows and actually works? I'll even pay a little $ to hear you folks
> > > stumble and stutter some Lojban at me.
> >
> > SpeakFreely works just fine. Windows and Linux. (The Linux software isn't
> > much to look at, but, shrug.)
> >
> > I just tested it between a few of my computers here at home, and
> > everything went nicely. Its damn near trivial to use.
>
> Could you post or send some more info on this; I'm strictly a Linux user,and
> I can think of several places TTS could be useful for me, including Lojban.

xod was asking about a voice over IP solution, not text to speech. (Notice
he'd changed the subject to "Speech to Speech".)

However, I did screw up and forget to mention that the web page is
http://www.speakfreely.org/

(Of course, it is also the first hit on Google, so it isn't exactly hard
to dig up.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose