Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban Text to Speech

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 14:57:17 -0500

>On Friday 04 January 2002 02:05, Jay Kominek wrote:
> > The type of Linux and FreeBSD's /dev/audio isn't 'au', but instead
> > 'ossdsp'. SunOS and NetBSD's type is 'sunau'. You can then leave off the
> > -r, as it will be able to issue the IOCTL to the audio device indicating
> > the appropriate sampling rate.

In all the posts on this topic, other than the one wav file output, I have 
seen a lot of alphabet soup like the above. Nora has done Lojban TTS since 
it was still Loglan, using a hardware box from Radio Shack that she bought 
in the early 80s, but never had much luck with the only s/w program we ever 
saw for TTS (Soundblaster freeware). So where is the software you guys are 
talking about and if it isn't a download, about how much does it cost and 
where do you get it. Nora uses Win98 on her computer. (If there is a way 
to work with this stuff using Java, she is trying to teach herself that 
language and is looking for a project to work on. Suggestions welcome, but 
phrase them suitably for an absolute novice with Java who does not know C - 
the buzzwords have been somewhat intimidating so far).

lojbab

--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org