Subject: cmavo index?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:18:52 -0500

coi rodo

In my newbieness, I find that I have some difficulty finding understandable
explanations of the grammar/use/meaning of the copious cmavo I'm running
into. The ma'oste is of some use, but its descriptions are necessarily
terse, and often unintelligible to a non-linguist such as myself. The
reference grammar and draft textbook seem to have pretty good descriptions
of how the cmavo all work, but it's often difficult for me to determine
where in these documents I should look for the description I'm seeking.

I'm wondering, has anyone put together an index of sorts, that would allow a
noob to rapidly locate complete descriptions of the cmavo? I would think
that an index organized according to the selma'o would work for many cases,
at least in the cases of the smaller selma'o. Larger selma'o (like, UI for
example) are spread across many sections of the reference grammar, and so it
would be necessary to index by the individual cmavo..

Any advice on how you look up cmavo? If you run across one you don't
remember, how do you go about finding its correct use and meaning?

Thanks in advance,

mu'omi'e djan