Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojban Text to Speech

From: "randl. nortmn." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:31:53 -0500

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:16:49PM -0700, Jay Kominek wrote:
[...]
> They're all using Festival, which is produced by the Centre for Speech
> Technology research at the University of Edinburgh. It is only available
> in source form from them. Linux binaries are available, but a cursory
> search failed to reveal a Windows version.
[...]

.oi.o'anai

Yes, on giving it a closer look, it appears that Festvox only runs on
Unix platforms. Works for me, but there are Windows-using jbopre out
there. There is another free TTS system which runs on both Unix and
Windows called MBROLA (http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrola.html).
I believe we'd be able to use the same diphone (phoneme recording)
database with this package, but it will need additional programming.
I'm not very familiar with this package; perhaps somebody else knows
more?

mu'omi'e randl.