Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: cmavo index?

From: "randl. nortmn." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:25:23 -0500

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 05:08:47PM -0500, Invent Yourself wrote:
[...]
> There is ungrammatical Lojban, but there are also prolix, redundant,
> malglico, mistaken, and culturally-incorrect Lojbans, the latter being
> cases where the community decided upon a certain usage but the sentence in
> question violates this oral tradition.
[...]

I had been thinking this problem could be addressed, at least in part,
by having editorial review of some sort. The collaborative filtering
model comes to mind. Rather than a free-for-all, however, I'd
probably shoot for having certain registered reviewers who were
trusted to be skilled in the language, possibly with varying levels of
trust. If 20 trusted reviewers reviewed (on average) 10 usage
examples per week, and each example had to be reviewed by at least two
different reviewers to catch mistakes, we'd have 5200 doubly-reviewed
usage examples within a year. Now, whether or not there are 20
capable and willing volunteers is another question.

mu'omi'e randl.