Subject: Re: [lojban] cmavo index?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 10:43:16 -0500

At 03:18 PM 1/4/02 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>In my newbieness, I find that I have some difficulty finding understandable
>explanations of the grammar/use/meaning of the copious cmavo I'm running
>into. The ma'oste is of some use, but its descriptions are necessarily
>terse, and often unintelligible to a non-linguist such as myself. The
>reference grammar and draft textbook seem to have pretty good descriptions
>of how the cmavo all work, but it's often difficult for me to determine
>where in these documents I should look for the description I'm seeking.
>
>I'm wondering, has anyone put together an index of sorts, that would allow a
>noob to rapidly locate complete descriptions of the cmavo? I would think
>that an index organized according to the selma'o would work for many cases,
>at least in the cases of the smaller selma'o. Larger selma'o (like, UI for
>example) are spread across many sections of the reference grammar, and so it
>would be necessary to index by the individual cmavo.

Umm. If you buy the book from LLG, the printed book has a 60 page 
index. (Your not mentioning that index suggests that you haven't bought 
the book). The cmavo examples in the book are included in the index. (Not 
every cmavo is exemplified of course.)

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org