Subject: RE: [lojban] po'u considered harmful

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:18:13

la kreig cusku di'e

>Unless {ko'a goi lei ci broda}, because then {lei ci broda du le ci broda} 
>-
>which I assume you are going to agree with.

No, I don't. The mass of three is not equal to each of the three.
Even if you take {lei ci broda} as {pisu'o lei ci broda}, which
I don't, it is still false that some part of the mass is equal
to each of the three. In the pisu'o case though it is true that
{le ci broda du piusu'o lei ci broda}, each of the three is equal
to some part of the mass. But the order of the quantifiers is
relevant!

>Since part of the mass that is
>ko'a is the pamai broda, the whole mass has the property of being the pamai
>broda; the same goes for the remai and cimai.

The whole mass does not have all the properties of its parts,
only some of them.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com