Subject: Re: timezones for talking and speling (was Re: [lojban] on the fone?)

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:21:11 +0100

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 23:27, Invent Yourself wrote:
> I wonder what sort of company it is where people are interested in Lojban!
> Anyway, 1600Z - 1900Z I am afraid I am at work. If I get a day off I will
> let you know.
zulu time is cet without daylight saving, right? i has been some time sincei 
had to know this ;)

> Until then it seems weekdays are the best, because of the geographic
> spread. 1500Z Sunday, how is that for you guys?
that is acceptable to me

> Is it just Bjoern (spelling?), Robin, Candide, and me?
the correct spelling in utf-8 is "Björn", although if no umlauts are 
available the "Bjoern" is the alternative spelling. one would expect modern 
it systems to be able to handle this, but apparently even a lot of software 
in public administration in germany can not do this, at least names on 
identification documents are mangled like that.

i intend to talk to candide on monday all the same, no idea if he will be on 
on sundays.
- -- 
- --------------------
printk("Entering UltraSMPenguin Mode...\n");
2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc64/kernel/smp.c
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07